Satterberg Foundation COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols and Agreement Protocols for Satterberg Board and Staff attending External Meetings, Events, and Community Engagement Activities
To safeguard communities Satterberg serves at meetings and events not initiated by the Foundation, the Foundation’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols continue to apply to all Satterberg Board and staff members when they are representing the Foundation or conducting Foundation business. In addition, Satterberg Board and staff members shall also follow additional protocols and requirements of the external meeting host. The health and safety of individuals and communities are top priority when Foundation business occurs in-person.
Before attending an external meeting on behalf of the Satterberg Foundation, Satterberg Board and staff must ensure Satterberg’s current business travel and meeting policy allows for external in-person attendance. As well, it is at the discretion of Satterberg Board and staff members to determine their own level of safety and comfortability in attending external, in-person activities. Examples of external, in-person meetings and community engagement activities include grantee partner check-ins & site visits, attending conferences, events, and other community-led activities. To mitigate power imbalances, Satterberg Board and staff may attend in-person grantee partners site visits and check-ins only at the request of the grantee partner. Additional protocols for Satterberg Board and staff members to attend external meetings include:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Satterberg requires all Board and staff members participating in external meetings on behalf of the Satterberg Foundation to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants, including any boosters recommended by the FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Proof of vaccinations should be provided prior to in-person event attendance when it is requested or required. An individual is considered fully vaccinated after 14 days of receiving the final dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States.
Negative COVID-19 Test Results: Satterberg requires all Board and staff to test themselves for COVID-19, within 24 hours, before attending an in-person meeting or participation in an external event. If a test result is positive, the individual may not attend any in-person Foundation related business and must quarantine according to local and federal guidelines. Satterberg will reimburse the cost of a rapid COVID self-test before a meeting. Satterberg Board and staff should show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test prior to attending an external meeting, if it is requested or required by the external meeting host. Common documentation methods include physical, photographic or digital copies of negative test results that show the date administered.
Grantee Partner Check-In Meetings & Site Visits: Satterberg Board and staff may attend, at their discretion, in-person meetings and site visits only at the request of grantee partners and when the Foundation deems business travel and in-person meetings are safe to occur. The Foundation will advise grantee partners that all Foundation communications and check-in meetings generally occur virtually or via telephone at this time, and that in-person meetings may occur at the discretion and invitation of the grantee partner, and at a time when the Foundation’s business travel protocols allow for travel and in-person meetings. It is Satterberg’s top priority to ensure grantee partners feel safe, healthy, and comfortable meeting in-person. Meetings shouldoccur at a mutually agreeable location, and the Foundation’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols and Agreement document should be shared with grantee partners beforehand.
Satterberg COVID-19 Health and Safety Agreement & Acknowledgement
Satterberg strives to safeguard the health and safety of all individuals while conducting Foundation work and makes every reasonable effort to mitigate possible exposure to COVID-19 and its variants during in-person activities. By participating in a Satterberg-sponsored meeting or engaging with Satterberg Foundation representatives (Board or staff members) in external meetings not led or initiated by the Satterberg Foundation, you acknowledge Satterberg’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols and efforts to minimize COVID-transmission in communities. Satterberg cannot guarantee that individuals choosing to meet in-person will not be exposed to, or become sick from exposure to, COVID-19 or its variants. To limit transmission as much as possible, Satterberg Board, staff, and attendees agree that they will knowingly and voluntarily:
- Accept and agree to comply with Satterberg’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols and any applicable CDC, local, or State (where the meeting is taking place) COVID-19 mandates and guidance that are more stringent than Satterberg’s protocols at the time of the event.
- Acknowledge and assume any risks and dangers associated with possible exposure to, or illness from COVID-19 and its variants while attending or participating in the event.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law or in equity, waive and discharge any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature against Satterberg and its affiliated partners, vendors and sponsors, including without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents, including but not limited to illness, bodily injury, or other economic loss, which arise or may hereafter arise from my attendance or participation with the event.
- If you experience any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during or within 14 days after the event, please contact the Satterberg Foundation at 206-441-3045 or a Foundation Board or staff member immediately. Upon receipt of notification of possible exposure to, or illness from COVID-19 and its variants, Satterberg will notify all individuals who participated in the meeting as soon as possible via their preferred email address. Satterberg will encourage everyone to consult with a physician and follow CDC guidance regarding testing, self-care and quarantining.
- *Exemptions: Satterberg will reasonably accommodate religious and medical exemptions from vaccination requirements, including recommended boosters, with appropriate documentation. Please request Satterberg’s Medical & Religious Accommodation Request Form, which will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Executive Director.
- Medical Exemption: If you have an underlying medical condition and/or disability that prevents you from receiving an authorized COVID-19 vaccine, you and your healthcare provider must submit Satterberg’s accommodation request form. Individuals granted an exemption must provide proof of negative antigen COVID-19 test results taken within 24 hours prior to any in-person meeting or event.
- Religions Exemption: If you have a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that prevents you from being vaccinated against COVID-19, you must submit Satterberg’s accommodation request form. Individuals granted an exemption must provide proof of negative antigen COVID-19 test results taken within 24 hours prior to any in-person meeting or event.